Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Some people often ask me how was I able to know the FINANCIAL meltdown was coming ... I SAY TO THEM ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION KNE
ALTHOUGH the housing bubble is just a small part in the sickness of our financial system ........ I also say to them ITS NOT OVER BY ANY MEANS .... and only just begining .... BUT PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE 2 party system ANY LONGER ... just stop voting them in on all levels ....
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 4:40 PM
LIVE FREE OR DIE!
DON'T TREAD ON ME!
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 2:04 PM
IF YOUR NOT INFORMED ENOUGH to know the significance of these georgia guidestones to the NWO and why this filmed in front them ... PLEASE LOOK THEM UP and what they say ....
THE NWO is your enemy
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 1:52 PM
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 1:41 PM
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 1:41 PM
there are indeed millions of american militiamen in every state of the union ... and the natives are getting restless lately
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 1:32 PM
STAND UP ! TAKE your dam country back form the criminal two party system
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 1:12 PM
I've been trying to tell america to wake up for a few years now... SEEMS someone just woke up and he is mad!
THE NATIVES ARE GETTING RESTLESS ... ARE YOU TIRED OF IT YET?
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 12:31 PM
Monday, January 26, 2009
REYKJAVIK, Iceland – Iceland's coalition government collapsed on Monday after an unprecedented wave of public dissent, plunging the island nation into political turmoil as it seeks to rebuild an economy shattered by the global financial crisis.
Prime Minister Geir Haarde resigned and disbanded the government he's led since 2006. Haarde was unwilling to meet the demands of his coalition partner, the Social Democratic Alliance Party, which insisted on choosing a new prime minister in exchange for keeping the coalition intact.
"I really regret that we could not continue with this coalition, I believe that that would have been the best result," Haarde told reporters.
Iceland has been mired in crisis since October, when the country's banks collapsed under the weight of debts amassed during years of rapid expansion. Haarde's government has nationalized banks and negotiated about $10 billion in bailout loans from the International Monetary Fund and individual countries.
The value of the country's krona currency has plummeted, hitting many Icelanders who took out special loans denoted in foreign currencies for new homes and cars during the boom years. In addition, Iceland must repay billions of dollars to Europeans who held accounts with subsidiaries of collapsed Icelandic banks.
Haarde — a fiscal conservative with degrees from the University of Minnesota, Brandeis and John's Hopkins — is suffering from cancer and has announced he would not seek another term. He called early elections last week, following mass protests by Icelanders upset at soaring unemployment and rising prices.
Clattering pans and crockery with kitchen utensils, thousands of Icelanders have joined noisy protests against the government's handling of the economy. The cacophony of kitchenware has led commentators to describe the protests as the "Saucepan Revolution."
Rallies have been held each Saturday since October. Though largely peaceful, the protests have seen Reykjavik's tiny parliament building doused in paint and eggs hurled at Haarde's limousine. Last Thursday, police used tear gas to quell a protest for the first time since 1949.
Haarde said last week that he wouldn't lead his Independence Party into the new elections because he plans to seek treatment in the Netherlands for his cancer.
Following discussions with Haarde, Iceland's figurehead President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson said he would hold talks with Iceland's four main political parties late Monday before asking one of the organizations to form an interim government.
He's likely to ask Foreign Minister Ingibjorg Gisladottir, head of Social Democratic Alliance, to govern alongside smaller opposition parties until new elections are held.
But Gisladottir said Monday she won't seek to personally replace Haarde as Iceland's leader. She instead proposed her party's popular Social Affairs Minister Johanna Sigurdardottir.
The restoration of trust in the government is critical, said Iceland's environment minister Thorunn Sveinbjarnardottir, an alliance member.
"What is needed straight away is to try to restore trust between the political establishment and the general public," Sveinbjarnardottir told The Associated Press. "What we need is for the general public to believe that the politicians are working in their interests."
Both the demonstrators and the alliance seek the ouster of central bank Gov. David Oddsson, who has served for 13 years.
Sveinbjarnardottir said Oddsson's ouster should be accompanied by the tightening of regulations in the country's financial industry. "We need a certain amount of cleansing to be the first steps," she said.
At a rally Monday outside Parliament, protester Svginn Rumar Hauksson said demonstrations won't end yet.
"The protests will continue until it becomes clear that things are really changing," he said.
Associated Press Writer Valur Gunnarsson in Reykjavik contributed to this report.
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 3:15 PM
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
WATCH THIS RESEARCH THIS AND OPEN YOUR EYES AND JUST CARE for once
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 11:55 AM
EVERYONE MUST WATCH THIS !
WE MUST take down the FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM before it DESTROYS AMERICA and everything and EVERONE we LOVE!
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 11:36 AM
Monday, January 19, 2009
I hope the message of this PATRIOT is never lost upon the AMERICAN PEOPLE ... An AWAKENING of the masses is needed
REMEMEBR the MESSAGE of this man... LEARN what he stood for and pass the informaton to others ... a time will come soon when these values will be needed .... use this site to inform yourselves
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 3:10 PM
Saturday, January 17, 2009
The man who correctly told us OIL would fall from 140 dollars a barrel to well below $50 -- his thoughts on 2009
Dear Friends and Family:
For some years now, I have been saying that the "money changers" and "banksters" in London and New York are setting us up. They're playing a money game in which all of the marbles are on the table. It seems that this game is now in the bottom of the Ninth inning. Tonight I listened to the Reverend Lindsey Williams on American Voice Radio, hosted by Ms. Gianni Hayes. Some people will recognize his name, some won't. I am not going to go into a lengthy bio. You will have to do that research yourself, assuming you even have an interest. I will only mention that he is the man who, because of his contacts in the oil industry, correctly predicted that the world price for oil would fall from roughly $140.00 per barrel to less than $50.00 per barrel. He claims to be well connected to what he calls "the power elite," and I firmly believe that he is telling the truth. But, what he calls the power elite is just one level of corporate America. He interacted with the high paid servants of the oil industry. That would be the executives of ARCO and other big oil companies when he served as chaplain for the Alaska pipeline. He knows and admits that the "real power" is much further up the food chain. Bottom line? Personally, as far as I am concerned, Reverend Williams character and credibility are unimpeachable. I think it is very important to pay attention to what he has to say.
After two hours of interview I had four legal pages of notes. I am going to relate as best I can the highlights of that interview. Some of you will get duplications because some of you are on more than one of my mailing lists. Please understand. I consider this matter to be extremely important!
This will be rough, since it will be stream of consciousness, right off of my note pad. But it is the message that is important and not the delivery.
1. The reason why the "elite" dropped the world price of oil down below $50.00 a barrel was to wage economic warfare against the Arab/ OPEC countries. "They" seek to bankrupt OPEC countries., especially the Iranians by cutting their revenues more than 75%. (Do you think that is why Mr. Chavez is so belligerent towards the USA?) Why would they do that? Because Iran and the other OPEC states are getting too strong and too wealthy. The Iranians are running an oil bourse, that effectively sidesteps the oil markets of New York and London. (My note. Even worse they are trading oil not for dollars but for other currencies such as the Euro. This is a direct threat to the western banking system.) According to Williams, this will not be allowed to continue. This is about control!! "What is happening today has been planned for years and there are other more nefarious motives, which will be outlined below.
2. The world reserve currency is the dollar and dollar denominated assets such as U.S. Treasury Debt. The Arabs have been recycling their petro dollars into U.S. Treasury debt for thirty five years. (My comment. The Arabs/OPEC have been financing our national debt. This is per agreement with the New York Banking establishment, and the U.S. Treasury. This arrangement has been part of the world order since the collapse of the Bretton Wood Agreement in 1971. This is now coming to an end.) Now that they are being bankrupted (intentionally) the OPEC/Arab states are no longer willing or able to buy Treasury Debt. Hence, the interest on the National Debt (which now exceeds 15 Trillion dollars?) is not being financed by foreign creditors. China, India and other Asian states are doing the same thing. "They are running from dollar denominated assets." Therefore, the Federal Reserve is now buying up all the Treasury Debt issued by the U.S. Treasury to cover the debt maintenance on the national debt. (My Comment: this is called monetization and it is highly inflationary.) (My note: to put this in perspective, the so-called bailout, which was really nothing but a heist without the guns, in the amount of 700 billion dollars, was actually in the amount of 8.5 trillion dollars. All of this sum represents more debt "created" by the Federal Reserve which is then added to the National Debt. In addition to being extremely inflationary, we will be paying interest ("tribute?") on this debt to the banksters in perpetuity.)
3. Gold and Oil generally move in tandem i.e., when oil goes up, so does gold. This has not been the case since the oil market collapsed. Gold has shown huge relative strength to the price of oil. Because of intense world wide demand and speculation the relationship between gold and oil will no longer continue. Gold will now move independently of oil.
4. This year, 2009, the USA will face total financial collapse. The dollar will also collapse in value, and it will take years for the U.S.A. to recover.
5. OPEC has been cutting production steadily but they cannot influence the supply of oil enough to affect the world price
6. Ms. Hayes tried to get pastor Lindsey to point the finger at a particular ethnic group. He would not do so, but much to his credit he said that the Papacy and the Jesuits had nothing to do with what was going on.
7. He said we have more than enough oil in the USA for our own needs, but the so-called "elite" as he calls them have no intention of EVER developing a major oil field in the continental U.S. or Alaska. "They" will not allow this country to become energy independent, and they intend to continue to keep us dependent on foreign oil sources. (My note: Dependency is another world for control.) Later he mentioned the field just disclosed by the USGS which is located in Montana and N. Dakota. (This I believe is the Bakken Field.) He said that it contains 320 billion barrels which is only 10% of the reserves. This oil is worth about 15 trillion dollars. (My note: in others words the 300 BB is the easy oil. It's the oil that will flow out of the ground under its own pressure. That means total reserves of this one field using secondary and tertiary recovery techniques are probably near three trillion barrels. To put that in perspective the Saudis have reserves of about 260 Billion barrels.) One of the senators from Montana has been screaming about this to Congress. He has been totally ignored by both Congress and the media.
8. Regarding Obama. "It did not matter who won the election." The handlers around Obama are, for the most part, members of the Council on Foreign Relations. "The elite." "The globalists." They are essentially the same people who ran the Clinton administration and both Bush Administrations. "There will be absolutely no change in either our domestic or foreign policy. (My note: the people who have looted this country will continue to loot this country.) Regarding economic policies "Obama" will be another Hoover." In other words Obama will follow orders and will take the fall for the economic calamity that is about to unfold. (My note: Obama is another feckless, empty suit, who was selected, trained, groomed, packaged and sold to a gullible, naive and lazy American public.)
9. Because of the tremendous cut in revenue to the Arab states (75%.) Dubai will become a "wasteland." Already they have suspended all construction on major buildings in Dubai. "There will be no change in the future. "
10. All of the Arab states are sliding into a depression. Their budget planning is based upon $80.00 oil, so they are cutting their expenditures dramatically----especially infrastructure and public works.
11. In addition to no longer buying our treasury debt, the Arab/OPEC states are now actively selling what treasury debt they hold. This is also occurring throughout Asia, especially China. This of course amounts to Trillions of dollars of Treasury debt etc. (My Note: if the Fed is now monitizing these debt instruments, which they must surely do since they are the buyer of last resort, this will also be highly inflationary.) The Arabs/OPEC/Asia are converting their dollars and dollar denominated assets to gold and other hard assets.
12. The long term goal of "these people" is to control and own everything. "They intend to break us." (My comment: Geeeez. I am confused. Here, all along, I have been told by the media that our enemies are in the Middle East.)
13. Gasoline will remain at approximately $1.50 - 2.50 per gallon for the next year to a year and half. This is killing the State government gas tax revenues. Total, state tax revenues are collapsing. Expect many states to go bankrupt----especially California
14. "They" intend to control the world price of oil by dumping massive amounts of oil on the market to keep the price down. They intend to use, among other sources, an oil field in Indonesia that "they" just brought "on line." This field has reserves of more than 300 billion barrels. He also mentioned another field in northern Russia.
15. The ultimate objective is to "destroy the USA." At the same time "they" seek to consolidate control over all assets of any significance. "They" already own and control, the banks, and the media. (My note: Williams did not say, but obviously, they also control the oil industry.) "They" intend to gain control of the entire auto industry. According to Williams "why not buy the auto industry? All they need to do is create the credit in a computer entry." The takeover of the auto industry will happen when the time is right. They also seek control of all the real estate that is worth owning. According to pastor Williams, everyone is going to be paying rent by the time this thing is over. Again he emphasized that "After years of collapse they intend to own everything."
16. Russia is a major world power. Tensions will increase between the west and Russia. Look for a return of the cold war. (My note: he did not say it but I got the feeling that the Russians are not anxious to become part of the New World Order. Of course this oil price suppression is really hurting the Russians. They have had to devalue the Ruble seven times.)
17. "There will be no attack on Iran. There will no war with Iran." "The American people will not stand for it." They intend to accomplish their goal of destroying Iran by economic means. "They will accomplish their goal of destroying Iran without the need of another 911 false flag operation."
18. "Within six to nine months we will be into full blown hyper inflation." "Buy everything you need right NOW!!!!" "Prepare your dinner table NOW! It is going to be 1933 all over again."
19. "The nations of the world, especially China, are dumping U.S. currency and buying gold.
20. "The reason why it is getting so hard for people to buy gold is that "they" do not want people to be able to protect themselves." "They don't want people to have something that is REAL." (My note: it's hard to find any significant quantities of gold anywhere. Silver too!)
21. "They fear people buying gold because it is something "they" can NOT control. They feel that only they, the elite, should own gold.""They regard it as real money."
22. Their greatest fear is that the people will "wake up" from their slumber. "In fact they are terrified." They do not intend to impose martial law. They believe this would cause an armed revolution and that they do not want. Hmmmm. (I guess that is why the founders included the Second Amendment in the Constitution.) "A revolution means they could lose control."
23. "The American people are terrified of Obama." "The day after the election the gun shops in the USA were emptied by alarmed and frightened citizens." "Wal Mart reported that the day after the election their sales of ammunition went up by 400%. It was a record for ammunition sales in a twenty four hour period. (My note: this continued for several weeks after the election.) Evidently this behavior caused a great deal of alarm.
24. "They" have given up on implementing the North American Union and are "going all the way." The goal is total global control of everything. Global Government. Global bank. Global Currency. Etc. (My note: this NWO globalism business has always included a global army, and a global religion. I am sure we will be hearing more about global religion from "Americas pastor," Rick Warren)
Pastor Williams was asked what can we do? He made some suggestion which are not surprising. They are:
1. Get your spiritual house in order. (My note: I totally agree with Rev. Williams. At the core, this struggle is spiritual in nature. It is also a war on human consciousness. And, It is about both controlling and breaking the human spirit. That can only happen if we allow it to happen. "They" need us to surrender our God given powers to them for them to accomplish their evil deeds. Think, think, think! People must learn to use the magnificent brain that God gave us. Be skeptical of everything. In the coming months accept nothing at face value. Investigate everything. To do that you will need to turn off the "electronic sewer" "they" call television. Better yet, throw the damn thing in the dump where it belongs.The electronic and print media are a wasteland designed to keep you distracted, misled, confused and misinformed. You will NEVER discover anything of value watching boobokvision. Never!!!! Trust nobody until that person has EARNED your trust. And above all, question everything, especially if it comes from people in a position of authority. And, finally recognize that "the enemy" is within. The enemies of freedom are right here. Inside the gates.)
2. Plant a garden.
3. Get out of debt. He said debt is the main weapon of subversion and control used by "these people." (My note. I totally agree with that remark unless all of your debt is unsecured and you own no real assets. Can't squeeze blood from a stone.)
4. Store lots of food. "The farm economy is collapsing."
5. BUY GOLD AND SILVER
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 12:18 PM
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
FASCISM AT ITS FINEST AND NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE !!!!
Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009
Sponsor: Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced 1/6/2009)Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to House committee.
SUMMARY AS OF: 1/6/2009--Introduced.
Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.
LINK TO MORE
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 10:31 PM
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 5:18 AM
Monday, January 12, 2009
Joel S. Hirschhorn wrote this ... ALL SHOULD READ!
MY THOUGHTS ON THE TOPIC:
This is one of the more IMPORTANT TOPICS anyone that believes in true PERSONAL LIBERTY AND ECONOMIC freedom could EVER TRUELY UNDERSTAND ...
But, this will unfortunately go over the heads of most REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS that treat the two party system more like a DAMN FOOTBALL GAME BETWEEN THEIR TWO TEAMS than the monstrosity that the two party system has become in AMERICA.
QUIT VOTING FOR REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS until the THEY HEAR OUR VOICES saying THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
What Joel Wrote:
With the meltdown of the American economy, what better time to ask: Can libertarianism come to the rescue? Perhaps the most interesting statement in the Wikipedia discussion of libertarianism is that “There is no single theory that can be reliably identified as the libertarian theory, and no single principle or set of principles on which all libertarians would agree.”
Nevertheless, I think it is fair to say that libertarianism includes the belief in economic freedom that emphasizes removing corporate subsidies and other favoritism to special interests and provides maximum freedom to individuals to pursue financial success and security.
It also seems to me that authentic libertarians would be agonizing over the current historic growth in governmental ownership of what we thought were private, corporate enterprises. We seem to be seeing more authoritarian government being justified by the current economic recession and the public demand for rescue of the economy and alleviation of the considerable pain inflicting so many millions of Americans.
What I find myself intrigued by is this central question: In these terrible economic times, is it not reasonable to think that if libertarianism was ever to have a chance of attracting very broad public support as an alternative to what the US has had for many, many decades, would this be the time? That is, if American capitalism that has prevailed for so long with the support of the two-party plutocracy-run government has clearly failed, then why not demand a fundamentally different paradigm? After all, what we are witnessing right now is the demise of “free enterprise” and the growth of more authoritarian government. Government, through the Federal Reserve, is eager to print and borrow more money, with no limits in sight. Not exactly what libertarians would prefer.
So I have been examining websites with a libertarian orientation to see whether there is a serious effort to offer an alternative to what President Obama and Congress seem totally committed to do with the aim of stimulating the collapsing US economy,
I found a very thoughtful article by Sheldon Richman in The American Conservative critiquing the New Deal that current politicians seem intent on replicating. Here is an excerpt from it: “Yet with all this government activism, the U.S. economy, despite halting attempts at recovery, could not shake the Depression. In 1937 and 1938, the financial system went into an unprecedented secondary depression, with a new stock-market crash and unemployment climbing back to over 20 percent. Jim Powell notes in FDR’s Folly that the New Deal further eroded the banking system; raised taxes; made hiring workers, particularly unskilled blacks, prohibitively expensive; increased the price of most goods, including food; and discouraged investment. This is hardly the New Deal we’re taught in school. As historian David Kennedy put it, ‘Whatever it was, [the New Deal] was not a recovery program, or at any rate not an effective one.’ …The New Deal did not, therefore, end the Depression. …What can we learn from all this? That money is too important to be left to the state. One way or another, government mismanagement of the monetary system wrecked the U.S. economy. It’s happening again now. The only permanent way to avoid a repetition is to place the system where it belongs: in the free market. … individual liberty is the first casualty when bureaucracy expands to manage the economy.”
If minimizing the role of government in our lives and economy is an essential feature of libertarianism, then it does not that appear to be much public or political interest in it.
If greed and irresponsible economic behavior by both government and private entities in past years has brought us to the current awful recession, then is anyone interested in selling a libertarian alternative based on sound money and free markets?
Who better to look to than Ron Paul. He recently addressed the House Financial Services Committee’s hearing on the Madoff Ponzi scandal. He noted out that Bernard Madoff was operating under the supervision of the SEC, that more regulation will only make the fraudulent operations easier because they can claim to be approved by the government, and that two of the biggest government-run Ponzi schemes are the Social Security system and even the monetary system itself. Paul supports abolishing the Federal Reserve and the SEC, and returning to an honest monetary system based on gold and/or free competition in currencies. He says outright that “we need to get rid of the bad policies, the monetary system, and these mountains of debt. …we’re gonna hire more bureaucrats and we’re gonna appropriate more money we don’t have. …We’ve been doing this for 78 years, and we’ll do it again, but believe me, this will not solve our problems.”
I did not notice any significant media coverage of Paul’s views and certainly no rush of politicians with far more power to him or his views. In other words, if Paul is probably the best spokesperson for libertarianism in the country, and if he is right, then there clearly is no significant public or political interest in libertarianism in these historic and terrible economic days.
Personally, when Paul said: “We could return to sound money. We could balance our budget. There’s a lot of things that we can do. But the worst thing that we can do is perpetuate the bad policies that gave us this trouble in the first place. And that is that we no longer, over the last quite a few decades, believed in free-market capitalism.” I think he got it right. But I am forced to conclude that libertarianism is dead as a door nail and doomed to remain a marginalized and insignificant movement offering a home for the relatively few that seek intellectual shelter in a true alternative to the current dominant economic system. Paul’s revolution is going nowhere, yet another marginalized effort that does not threaten the status quo plutocracy. After all, when the US economy splinters, as it already has, and the nation does not turn to the one true alternative to it, what else can we conclude?
If libertarianism offers the better solution, then the path that President Obama and Congress are on, with the support of the mainstream media, corporate America, and most of the public will prove painful and fruitless. This means a lot more pain and suffering for most Americans. Maybe, come 2012, Ron Paul can run again for president and say “I told you so.”
[Contact Joel S. Hirschhorn through delusionaldemocracy.com]
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 8:42 AM
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 8:19 AM
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 6:26 AM
Kucinich: Federal Reserve No More .... POWERFUL ON THE FLOOR OF CONGRESS NO LESS .... FIRST TIME IVE EVER AGREED WITH HIM
HE IS A PATRIOT FOR LETTING THE PUBLIC KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS COUNTRY IN 1913
PASS THE WORD ALONG ... time to break the FEDERAL RESERVES BACK
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 4:04 AM
Friday, January 9, 2009
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 6:55 AM
Thursday, January 8, 2009
The family of a young black Texas man who was shot in his own driveway by a white police officer believes that racial profiling was the cause and are asking for criminal charges to be filed against the officer.
According to family members, Robbie Tolan and his cousin were returning to Tolan's home in the mostly white Houston suburb of Bellaire in the early hours of December 31, when they were approached by officers who suspected the SUV they had just gotten out of was stolen.
Tolan's parents, who own the SUV, came out of the house to explain the situation. An altercation ensued and Tolan's mother was thrown against the garage door by an officer.
According to Tolan's uncle, "Her son was on his back at the time, and he raised up and asked, 'What are you doing to my mom?' and the officer shot him -- while he was on the ground."The 23 year old Tolan is the son of former Cincinnati Reds outfielder Bobby Tolan, and he himself has played for minor-league teams. Now he lies in a hospital bed with a bullet lodged in his liver, perhaps permanently, his future sports career in question.
Althought the incident occurred a week ago, it is attracting fresh interest amid reports of riots in Oakland, CA over the fatal shooting by a transit officer there of an unarmed black suspect who was lying helpless on the ground.The Tolans would like to see the officer who shot their son charged with a crime. They have hired a lawyer, who stated, "There's no doubt in my mind that if these had been two white kids, they never would have been shot.”Bellaire's assistant police chief told reporters, "As far as any allegations of racial profiling, I'd probably say that that's not really going to float."
However, there has been no other explanation offered for why the officers might have thought the SUV was stolen.There is now an internal police department investigation going on and the Harris County district attorney's office is also looking into whether to file charges.
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 5:41 PM
I beleive excessive force is being used more and more and no one is saying a dam thing ... UNREAL - OFFICER ENTERS WRONG HOUSE FIRES SHOTS ....!!!!
NEW MARKET, Minn. -- A call about a domestic dispute led to shots being fired by a Scott County deputy in New Market.
Scott County sheriff Kevin Studnicka tells KARE 11 the deputy, whom he won't name until he's interviewed by investigators, was sent to a home in New Market on reports of a fight. When nobody answered the door at that address, the deputy forced his way inside. "He knocked on the door and was refused entrance. And again we were called to a domestic there, so he made forced entrance."
"I was just watching TV and then the guy comes banging on the door. Just sounds crazy. Just screaming open the door," the home's resident Justin Friedges said of the man who he thought was an intruder.
Justin says he and his brother Peter Friedges, who was also inside, ran upstairs yelling they had a gun and were calling 911.
"I was screaming get out. 911. I just barely got my head out and see a shadow of a guy and then a gun flash," Friedges said. He said it was the first of five shots.
Three entrance holes from bullets do mark the wall leading up the stairs at the house Justin rents from his father. Another hole can be seen on a wall upstairs. Friedges says the officer did not identify himself as a deputy until after firing shots.
Following the shooting the officer retreated from the house. The Friedges brothers later left their home without incident and were taken into custody while the details of the situation were sorted out.
"I almost felt the wind go by. They were whizzing right by me. It's crazy. It just happened so fast you don't know what's going on," Freidges added.
According to Sheriff Studnicka, it was later discovered that the original domestic dispute call, made from a cell phone, was from a building that was near the home at the same address.
No one was hurt in either incident.
Sheriff Studnicka said the officer involved in the shooting is on standard leave but has not yet been interviewed by Dakota County, the county handling the investigation.
The sheriff says the officer has been on force for four years and has never been involved in an incident like this. "He's a model employee," Studnicka said when asked of this officer's past performance
link to video and article
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 12:18 AM
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 9:48 PM
Monday, January 5, 2009
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 7:27 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2009
U.S. Economy: Manufacturing Shrinks as Orders Hit 60-Year LowEmail Print A A ABy Shobhana ChandraJan. 2 (Bloomberg) --
The decline in U.S. manufacturing deepened in December as demand for such products as cars, appliances and furniture reached the lowest level since at least 1948, signaling further cutbacks in factory jobs and production this year.
The Institute for Supply Management’s factory index fell to 32.4, below economists’ forecasts and the lowest level since 1980, from 36.2 the prior month. Readings less than 50 signal contraction. The group’s new-orders measure reached the lowest level on record and prices slid the most since 1949.
“Every component suggests that the weakness is going to carry over into 2009,” Mark Vitner, a senior economist at Wachovia Corp. in Charlotte, North Carolina, said in a Bloomberg Television interview.
“There’s just not a whole lot of new business coming in,” and companies will have a “painful adjustment” as consumers shun spending.Today’s figures underscore that, with private demand collapsing, manufacturers’ best hope for new business this year may be President-elect Barack Obama’s plans for an unprecedented stimulus package. Obama has pledged an investment program in roads, schools and the U.S. energy network akin to the 1950s- era interstate highway construction boom.Stocks advanced on the first day of trading in 2009, following the biggest annual drop for the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index in 71 years, on expectations government stimulus efforts will curtail the recession. The S&P index rose 1.4 percent to 916.16 at 11:08 a.m. in New York. Benchmark 10-year Treasury yields rose to 2.25 percent from 2.22 percent late Dec. 31.
Global SlumpThe report also showed the impact of recessions abroad: the Tempe, Arizona-based ISM’s measure of exports fell to the lowest level since that series began in 1988.Separate figures today showed business at European factories contracted in December by the most on record. Manufacturing declined in China for a fifth month in December, for an eighth month in the U.K., for a seventh month in Australia and at the fastest pace in at least 14 years in Sweden.
The figures “confirm a sharp contraction in global investment, output and trade activity, consistent with the deepest global recession since at least the early 1980s,” said Lena Komileva, head of market economics in London at Tullet Prebon Plc.Economists’ ForecastsThe ISM’s gauge, which covers about 12 percent of the economy, was projected to drop to 35.4, according to the median estimate of 57 economists surveyed by Bloomberg News. Forecasts ranged from 34 to 40 and the measure averaged 51.1 in 2007.
Clogged credit markets, the collapse in housing and mounting job losses have hurt demand for everything from furniture and appliances to automobiles, driving General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC to the brink of bankruptcy.The ISM’s employment index decreased to 29.9 from 34.2 in November.
The gauge of prices paid fell to 18, reflecting the drop in commodity costs. Economists had projected that the measure, which averaged 65 in 2007, would drop to 20.Automakers have been among the hardest hit as November sales plunged to the lowest level in a quarter century, according to industry figures. President George W. Bush announced Dec. 19 that General Motors and Chrysler will get $13.4 billion in initial government loans to keep operating while they restructure operations to return to profitability.
The carmakers last month expanded their traditional holiday shutdowns to clear out unwanted stock. Chrysler idled all 30 of its assembly plants on Dec. 17 for at least a month, while GM announced output cuts Dec. 12 that affected 20 plants.
The closings will extend into this month. Ford Motor Co. said 9 of 15 North American factories would shut for the first week in January.The U.S. Treasury this week issued broad guidelines for aid to the auto industry, opening the door to using taxpayer money to finance a wider array of companies, such as GM’s bankrupt former parts unit Delphi Corp.
The factory slump has spread well beyond autos as demand from abroad also weakens. Ingersoll-Rand Co., the maker of Thermo King and Hussmann refrigeration equipment, said last month that profit will fall short of fourth-quarter and full-year estimates after demand declined “sharply” in North America and Western Europe.
“Probably the U.S. and developed world are in recession,” General Electric Co. Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Immelt said in his annual outlook address on Dec. 16. “The environment is still the toughest, for people of my generation, that we’ve ever seen.”U.S. exports dropped in October for a third straight month, leading to an unexpected widening in the trade gap, figures from the Commerce Department last month showed. The drop indicated the economy was sinking even faster than previously estimated.
To contact the reporter on this story: Shobhana Chandra in Washington at firstname.lastname@example.orgLast Updated: January 2, 2009 11:13 EST[link to www.bloomberg.com]
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 12:42 AM
Friday, January 2, 2009
AMERICA choose a side ... you cant just sit on the fence ... AMERICA WILL BE OVERRUN by these bastards if we do nothing
Any groups in america protesting with national flags other than American are traitors and should be treated as such ...
ALL of these people are ANTI-American yet they are American ... see the paradox ...
ISLAM INSTRUCTS to destroy an enemy from within .... they are on thier way to doing this in america ... wake up or America is finsihed ...
IVE tried to be understanding of ISLAM but the more I study this hateful religion even EVIL RELIGION RATHER ... the more I understand that without a fight The FREE WORLD IS FINSIHED within 100 years
Posted by Ryan Renshaw at 9:10 PM